Sunday 22 May 2011

Motor Racing

I have just been watching on television the Spanish Grand Prix and have come to the conclusion that the winning and losing is done in the pits with all the monitors and operators talking all the time to the drivers in the cars.
They are dealing in hundredths of a second, monitoring almost everything that is on the vehicle, the poor driver is just sitting there doing what they tell him. Yes, he does have to handle the car, and to do it at those speeds is very skilful I admit, but why can’t they try what I have thought of for quite a while which would bring more interest to the sport-----
Try just using Pit Boards as in the old days. Only use radios to tell the driver of any incidents on the actual circuit. When he feels the need for new tyres or for some other reason, he puts his hand up as he passes the Pit Board and they will expect him in at the following lap.
At the moment the Pit Lane are working to split seconds as to when he should come in for any reason.
This would make the whole race more exciting because the drivers would be competing against each other, rather that being automatons to their Masters on the Monitors.
Recently I was reading in the Daily Mail Newspaper that the subject of actions in the Pit Lanes were spoiling peoples interest in the sport. Maybe they could try my idea’s for a change. Do any others agree with me?
Years ago the drivers were actually driving their cars and I was an interested spectator, but not any longer.
Those of you who watch the present day s action will know what I mean when I mention “Foot Wagers”

No comments: