Sunday 23 January 2011

Broadband

I was thinking the other day, when I looked at the Telegraph on Line whether the office of OFCOM and BT were serious regarding the 15% reduction in the Line Rental as charged by BT/ISP.s would come into fruition. It was something they were in discussions about.

It was just for Rural Areas where BB could not be received as ( mainly) BT could not see any profit in the expense incurred. Having had previous dealings with BT regarding getting BB into our area I won't hold my breath. I 'have, in fact, just paid out to get Satellite BB, after many years at 28kbps dial-up.

Can anyone tell me how the 'Connection' fee came into being, except just to increase profits? I was told by my ISP at the time of dial-up that they didn't charge as it was just "an ordinary phone call" to use 0845-0800 numbers as far as they were concerned.

No comments: