Monday 3 January 2011

K9 Friends

Just been reading about dogs that help the people who are hard of hearing. Wonderful what they can do. Well trained, they even warn people re traffic and help with the post.

This reminded me of my first dog. He was a mongrel and I called him 'Rex'. He was a medium sized sheep dog. They say that a mongrel is hardier that a straight thoroughbred, but I won't labour that point as others think opposite. From a very young age he showed a great ability in learning commands and was treated accordingly. My mother loved that dog. He lived for 15 years. He caught distemper at just a few months old. Mother nursed him, looked after him as she had done so with me and my two elder sisters.

My son who lives in Texas with his lovely American wife, have FIVE, all from animal shelters. Let me show them to you. Take care all.






They are called Murphy, Gracie, Hudson, Milford and Bevyn.

No comments: